At last we can welcome our guests back
We’ve missed you!
We are re-opening responsibly and in line with current restrictions. We have introduced a booking system to limit the number of guests, avoid crowding and secure your place when you plan to visit. Booking is open and you can book a visit for the period up to 29 November.
Pre-booking of tickets
All day passes are for a specific date and must be pre-booked. Even if you have an annual pass or pre-purchased ticket you need to book your visit – this is completely free of charge. Any unbooked tickets are passed on / sold at reception in the cultural centre.
We have split each day into two equal sessions with a very limited number of visitors.
Your visit lasts three hours and you can choose whether you want your session to start in the morning, from 09:00 to 12.00, or in the afternoon, from 13:00 to 16:00. We are closed for cleaning for one hour between sessions.
You will have plenty of time to play and investigate the fascinating stage sets, discover curiosities, watch a theatre performance, have coffee in Malcolm’s Café and shop in Daddy Atkins’ Gift Shop. The cultural centre has a floor area of 720 square metres with a large terrace, so there is plenty of space for a limited number of visitors to maintain social distancing. Each session includes an outdoor theatre performance on our terrace (if restrictions and weather allow).
Please contact us if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 31-15 42 80
We wish you a warm welcome!
If you need to cancel due to illness or stricter public guidance, please email email@example.com and state your booking number (100000xxxx) so we can arrange a refund.
Alfie Atkins Cultural Centre and Covid-19 (2 July 2021)
Measures we are taking at Alfie Atkins Cultural Centre
- We have a booking system and a limited number of places, so you can pre-book your ticket to avoid crowding and make sure you get a place for your planned visit. We accept a maximum of 60 visitors per session. Booking is required for day passes and annual passes. Annual pass holders can book a place free of charge.
- Each day is divided into two sessions at 09:00–12.00 and 13:00–16:00.
- Theatre performances are held outdoors on our airy terrace if restrictions allow (an awning offers protection from rain).
- There are clear distance markings to prevent crowding.
- Our checkouts in the entrance/café/shop are shielded by acrylic screens, and the staff wear visors. We only accept payment by card or Swish (not cash).
- Stairs to the upper floor are one-way, to avoid crowding.
- Information on good hand hygiene is posted in all toilets, at the entrance and at the checkout.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for visitors and staff near the entrance, at the checkouts and in all toilets.
- Cleaning routines are stricter and more frequent, and surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Malcolm’s Café offers a selected menu – there is no self-service or buffet. Payment is only by card or Swish (not cash), and there are also floor markings here to remind visitors of social distancing.
- Furniture has been moved further apart and the number of seats has been reduced to maintain space around tables, including on the outdoor terrace.
As a visitor you play an important part in making the cultural centre a safe environment for everyone here. You can do this by only visiting when you are free from illness, by washing your hands frequently and by maintaining distance. See our rules on illness here.
Frequently asked questions about Covid-19 can be found here Public Health Agency of Sweden website. Information from the City of Gothenburg concerning Covid-19.
Many children have questions and thoughts about Covid-19; you can explain things to them like this https://www.krisinformation.se/artiklar/sa-pratar-du-med-barn-om-coronaviruset
(Source: Emergency information from Swedish authorities)This page will be updated regularly.
You are welcome to contact us if you have general questions about our activities.
CEO, Alfie Atkins Cultural Centre
Phone: +46 (0)708-13 39 20.